Courtney over at Pancakes and Postcards bestowed upon me this award (Thanks Courtney!):
As a recipient, I’m to share seven facts about myself and tag 15 bloggers. I don’t think I have 15 new and upcoming blogs that I read (something I should probably work on), so I’ll just list the facts:
1. I was rather obsessed with the Lord of the Rings when the movies came out while I was in high school. My cousin and I even met some hobbits on two separate occasions: Sean Astin at a book signing and Billy Boyd with his band Beecake.
2. While working as a tour guide on campus, I got locked in a stairwell (not with a tour group thankfully) with my coworker. We left frantic voicemails on our boss’ phone, only to discover that actually we were not locked in at all. oops! Our boss thought it was hilarious.This was not the first exploit to occur while touring; our year’s tourguides ended up compiling a book of ridiculous tour stories.
3. My 21st birthday had a pirate theme.This is my cousin and I modeling our hats, she’s the one with the eyepatch, I”m the one pretending to have a hook for a hand.
4. My cousin and I also went in the shark tank at the Riverhead Aquarium, it was pretty awesome even though we originally put our wetsuits on backwards.(If my boyfriend reads this, I’m sure he’ll find that information hilarious since he bought me a wetsuit for my birthday last year).
5. I ate my way through Florence in the summer of 2007. Prior to this trip, I never cooked, never ate anything besides plain bagels and ravioli, and never drank wine. Now is a completely different story.
6.My favorite movie is You’ve Got Mail. I now work and go to school on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, and every time I walk the streets I like to pretend I’m Kathleen Kelly.
7. I really miss my studio from senior year of college. In this photo, not only can you see a painting but if you look closely you can see the inspirational quotes my professor used to leave, an it’s okay from Glamour magazine that my friend Ness left, and a collage of a creepy yoga dude made of photocopies of said yoga dude that my friend plastered all over my studio. This was after I had covered her studio wall with giant photographs of actor Lee Pace.